Specials: I have received a prescription for a special from a surgery in another Health Board - who do I go to for authorisation?

You should seek authorisation from the Health Board within which you operate, not the prescriber's Health Board. This is laid out in circular PCA(P)(2015)17.

The circular states:

"Where a pharmacist contractor for some reason cannot dispense the prescription extemporaneously or elects to dispense it as either a special preparation or to dispense an imported unlicensed medicine, the pharmacist contractor must unless it is a special preparation listed in Part 7S seek reimbursement authorisation from the contractor’s Health Board as may be required in accordance with the Generic Framework for Specials Authorisation Process across Scotland from time to time in force before dispensing including any additional expenses incurred."